Responsive web design creates a system for a single site to react to the size of a user’s devicewith one URL and one content source. A responsive website has a fluid and flexible layout which adjusts according to screen size.
It offers an optimized browsing experience.
Basically, your website will look great and work well on a desktop (or laptop), a tablet, and a mobile phone’s browser.
Benefits of responsive design for mobile
The number one benefit of a responsive layout is the guarantee that any user on any device will have the best experience possible on your website. And, the most consistent.
It’s also a great way to refine the content on your site, making sure that those using a mobile device are only seeing the most essential information.
Why responsive design is important for business
- Increase reach to customers and clients on smaller devices (tablets & smartphones)
- A consistent experience that can increase lead generation, sales and conversions
- Analytics, tracking and reporting can be consolidated in one place
- Time and cost on site content management is decreased
- Stay ahead of the competition
How is a responsive design built?
There are number of things to think about when creating a responsive layout. It is a process that requires a design system and hierarchy of content across devices.